Illusion or Perception: A writing prompt
I suppose the meme is true to a certain extent however:
- If you had no problem with sleeping before but you really needed a new bed; money will help increase the quality of that said sleep by having enough money to upgrade to a really nice bed.
- A computer along with internet access will open people up to a plethora of information, however that depends on the person. If a person never had the initiative to learn before money; they won’t have it afterwards. Some people crave knowledge while others crave mindless entertainment. Not judging, it’s just personal preference.
- With money, a person can afford to buy food. I guarantee you at some point a person WILL get hungry. Now if you’re talking about the hunger for success…money will help make the path to that specific success easier to obtain. However, money does not guarantee success; for example, lottery winners who take their money (bulks) and put it into businesses they know nothing about and without considering if there is really a need in the market for that business- these are usually the people you hear about going broke in five year. They usually start off big versus small.
- Trust me, give me the money and I can take house and turn it into a home, a home doesn’t just consist of what one wants to put in it, but who they chose to spend their time with, where memories are made. Also a home, is where one feels most comfortable and safe.
- With enough money, I could afford the best health care out there, and health doesn’t just consist of medicine you take, it’s the lifestyle that you live. Depending on a person’s mindset that can either help them or hinder them.
- Amusements can lead to happiness, it depends on what you are striving for. Are you looking solely for material value or are you more interested in moments. Personally, I think balance is key, both can make you happy.
- With money, you must be careful with how you choose to present yourself. Last thing you want to do is flaunt your wealth. There is nothing wrong with being wealthy, or successful. However; it’s wrong to flaunt it in other people’s face,especially those not on your financial or success level. Or give that impression that you are everyone else walking ATM, at first it may be nice to show you “got it like that”, but after awhile you get tried of footing the bill. I always said if I ever made it, I would love to be that rich person that no one knows is rich. I would be really hesitant to tell my friends of my wealth- I know some would be honestly be truly happy for me, and I know others would be low key jealous of me and would eventually ask “Why are you hanging around us…where are your rich friends?” You will need to make new friends that are in your financial status, who understand your lifestyle.
- With or without money, one can never guarantee faithfulness from anyone. As for obedience, there will always be someone out there who can pay more and sway people to go against you. It’s less about money and how you treat people. If you honestly make a connection with someone they may be less incline to betray you.
- As for the sex and love thing, with or without money it doesn’t necessarily guarantee you either.
Story Time: *gives you an innocent grin*. So on my way to speedway in front of Walmart, I passed by a cop, who happened to notice my inspection sticker wasn’t blue. I pull into the gas station near a pump, I get out the car and I notice that same cop drives around my car looking suspicious. He pulls up around me just as I’m about to insert my speedway card into the machine he pulls up behind. Now its a staring contest between me and the cop (as I wonder, is he gonna shoot me for being outside of the car, technically he can’t give me a ticket if I’m outside of the car…what’s the procedure for being pulled over when the car is already pulled over…) Upon noticing I am still standing, the cop flips on his lights. I take that as my clue to get in the car shut the door, roll the window down hands on the wheel. So I get in, turn the car on so I can roll the windows down, then shut it off and wait. Now the cop comes out of his car and tells me why he pulled me over. I tell him the car belongs to my mom (she was supposed to take it to get inspected today but changed her mom her mind this morning) so I give him my license and registration he goes to run it …15 minutes (I know he’s checking to see if I have a record I’ve been pulled over before I know it doesn’t take 15 minutes. Everything comes back clean, he said its nothing personal its a safety issue he said he gave me a month extension (on the paper says 1/26/17 @5:30 at the latest), hands me back my stuff and leaves. So mom tells bro, he goes on his tirade, all I said was write down the window shield blade size and where I get it, text it to me, Next Thursday after work, I’ll get the blade and car inspected. Him: I’m telling you now WHAT YOU CAN’T REMEMBER SUCH A SIMPLE TASK!?” ME: no dumbass I can’t, what part of memory issues do we not comprehend, there days I barely remember how to spell my name and you want me to remember these places and blade sizes, not happening; just text it to me! Him: go F yourself, now you’re on your own! He continue to make fun of my memory issue, while mom is like “stop it you two.” And stood there silently as he continue to insult me while complaining about paying for everything but nothing gets done in this house. Really Walmart would?, mom kept talking about auto zone, that and I don’t know how to change a blade, hopefully YouTube will be helpful.
Let me dream…If it makes me happy to imagine myself in the finest of clothes and living in a penthouse that solely belongs to me…Let me dream. If it makes me happier to think of a near future where all my troubles are gone and I finally have a chance to know real peace…let me dream. If all I got is dollar left to my name and it’s a 1 in 500,000 shot I’ll win that Jackpot lottery…Let me dream. Trust me friend; I hear you on the whole “you gotta deal with reality”, Let me tell you something, I deal with reality every day: it’s stuffy, disappointing, tiring and sometimes it’s just plain heartbreaking. My horoscope says I can’t stay in my fantasy world; that I must deal with reality, I must accept reality. And my response to such nonsense is “why?” What’s so wrong with dreaming of leaving this hell hole for something better. For the nightmare to just…finally end? If it brings me even just speck of joy…let me dream. My dreaming isn’t hurting anyone…oh I see, you see me smiling to myself having a fabulous time in my fantasies and you feel left out because you chose to “stay in reality”, you honestly think I’m hiding something. That I must be doing better than I tell people. No friend that is not the case at all; truthfully, I find reality to be a Debbie Downer and my fantasies to be entertaining, they make life bearable for me. Fear not friend; like most fantasies and day dreams…they have to end. Reality will hit me eventually and I will be reminded of my circumstances once more…But I won’t dwell on that. For now…let me dream.
Hello again everyone, long time no see, or should I say talk.
It hit me today as I was holding a conversation with my old college buddies, that I have an awesome support system of friends and family. Let’s face it, I am unique individual with some odd tendencies, and I mean that in a good way. I’m pretty sure you’ve all seen some of my post and can conclude “okay, she’s a little unique” I’m always coming up with these random ideas/ thoughts, because I have such a tight group of friends I have no issues with expressing my feelings because I know they are either going to react with this “Ah, he we go again!” or “Where are you going with this thought”, I love that they entertain my thoughts as I do for them and then we end up bouncing around the various different topics and we get philosophical about things, and we sometimes bring in religion, politics, and music and past experiences. and it turns into a awesome yet friendly debate, where we all respect each others opinions and boundaries while at the same time expressing what we need to say. I wish I was back down south so I could be with them in person, I would have loved it if we could all get together go to Chilies, have some drinks, good food and just talk and hang out like we use to before we all went separate ways (but at least we all kept our contact info)
Anywho, the topic of tonight that I had with my friends that I will share with you is
: random question, so if you’re dating someone who has split personalities (you know this prior to the relationship) and you just happen to be on the date with the host and then he switches to the alter and the alter wants to continue the date and you don’t want to leave because the food hasn’t arrived to the table yet, does that technically mean you are cheating? and more importantly who pays for the check?
Tags: things that keep me up at night. see this why i should be asleep right now.
According to my friends: whoever is present at the table whether it be an alter or a host personality, they should be the one to pay, and no it’s not cheating, as long as each personality was spoken to before hand before the start of the relationship.
What do you all think?