Welcome back, it’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance once again. I know…I know. I’ve been gone forever and day. So, let me start of by saying, “How are you? Did that thing you working on or contemplating on work out in your favor?” I don’t know, it’s been so long since we last talked I am assuming a lot of awesome things were happening to you and if not….*Gets overly dramatic as a spotlight falls on to me* “Darn the universe! Darn this retrograde can’t you leave us alone so we can have nice things!” But seriously though, I hope things work out well for you, you deserve the break.
A lot has happen to me. I am not sure where I left off last time. So, I guess I will give you the highlights.
- Still unemployed and broke AF. I watched a YouTube video awhile back where this manager was like, “I don’t hire those who have been unemployed for awhile because to me it shows they are not dependable. Especially those who took time off to focus on themselves or travel. Over the connotation ‘life is short.'” It’s attitudes like that manager that lets me know, whose in touch with reality and who is not. To completely negate the hiring process in and out of itself is annoying. Especially for a man who lets on his but all day making money.
- I did get a chance to talk to the SSA Judge. Like with any other person I talk to about my issue. At first no one takes my migraines seriously, until we get to have a discussion and I get to go more in detail about my illness and how it impacts my life. Then I feel like the other person goes from being skeptical-judgemental to understanding. There’s a shift in the body language and facial expression that tells me, “Oh, you’re not faking.” My Primary Care didn’t send in my medical records and i’ve been seeing doctors about my conditions since Fall of 2008. So the Judge will request those documents again. Then she may send me to specialist to have my evaluated. “Its one thing if this was an issue like a back problem then it would be easier to determine my decision. But since this is dealing with the head, its complicated a doctor looking at you for five minutes isn’t going to make an accurate assessment. “- Judge
- My ex boss showed up at my home to let me know that the speech secretary is quitting her job and if I wanted the position he would recommend it to me. He said it was Full Time. Talked to the speech manager it’s Part Time. I did apply for the Full Time position when it was posted. But never saw a posting for the part time one. Either way, I’m not tripping. I know how hard that job is and how many people depend on that one person. Side note, Is it bad that I want a job that’s low stress?
- I have been on countless interviews and still have not gotten hired. It’s like, “Hello, I’m available, I live close by, and this job is not hard I can easily do it.” And I don’t get the job. My last interview was at this law firm. All I would have to do is, is electronically scan every piece of mail that comes in. Answer phones, take messages, and forward the calls, create charts. It’s almost the same distance as my last job. Except my last job was up the hill and the law office is at the bottom of the hill. I asked her about stress and communication of the job. She mentioned about those in the past who were overly stressed just refused to show up. That reminded me of Macy’s. I hate when people (i.e Managers) make a job sound like it’s the hardest in the world, when it isn’t.
- Oh, my food stamps got cut. They had me do the re-certification interview. Just to tell me, that this would be last cycle of me getting benefits and after that I wouldn’t get anymore, because I am not working. Have I mentioned I applied to over 200+ jobs. So i’m thinking I’m good for the next few months. Nope! the card is still active but they didn’t add anything on. I have called twice and left messages and they haven’t gotten back to me.
- Do you recall my pen-pal from England? He messaged me a few days ago about how he moved in with his fiance. Then a week later she kicked him out and how,” he can’t win from losing.” Before that, he had been drinking and smoking excessively with really no purpose in life. Not sure what happen. But one day while we were talking his whole demeanor changed and he wanted to focus on positive things. I think he went to a therapist to deal with is issues and get on some meds. So, he started working on him and getting himself in order. So, when he told me got kicked out I was like, “Oh wow that sucks! But don’t let this stop you from continuing to better yourself, for yourself and your daughter. What matters at the end of the day is that you keep doing better for yourself and your daughter because you both deserve that.” Fast forward to the next night at around 4 am. I get a message from his fiance. She’s pissed. She goes off on how I don’t need to be in their business. He has no right to be telling me about what’s going on with them. She read the conversation and didn’t like what I was saying. ” Honestly, I was shocked; all I could think about was that first verse in that Taylor Swift song, “You Need To Calm Down.” “You are somebody that I don’t know But you’re takin’ shots at me like it’s Patrón And I’m just like, damn, it’s 7 AM Say it in the street, that’s a knock-out But you say it in a Tweet, that’s a cop-out And I’m just like, “Hey, are you okay?”
I just don’t get the issue of what was the problem about me telling him to do good for himself and his child. I was more concern he will fall of the wagon stressing about this relationship. I couldn’t help but think, does she want him to go back to drinking excessively and smoking weed all day not caring about anyone else but himself again? For the record, I didn’t ask about his relationship, he just told me. And I have said in the past although I do appreciate the confidant he does need to speak to his woman if he wants the problems fix. Coming to me way to often about his relationship is a form of a emotional cheating. But the girl didn’t bother reading any of that. She only looked at that one part instead of reading all of it. It’s like, why are you trying to check me when:
one: you didn’t come correct.
Two: I live in a different country.
three: I am not in the relationship with you; shouldn’t talk to your man instead?
It would be different if she had came to me in a mature fashion and said “Hey, I know you’re long time friend of his and he likes going to you for advice. Lately, me and him have been having some communication issue. I get why he talks to you but the thing is, our issues will not get fixed if he keeps letting outside people in. Next time he tries to talk to you about our relationship please defer him back to me.” Or something to that extent. I would have agreed to do that. But because she came at me like I was the issue when I am not the issue. I just left her on read. I was not going to entertain such immaturity. When he and I get a chance to talk later I will be expecting an apology from him.
- For putting me in that position where I am being targeting in the morning from an angry girlfriend.
I could understand, if I did something wrong or if we talked every day (we talk once every couple of months)… Or if I asked about the relationship but I didn’t! I want to take a moment to apologize to the guys out there who are doing what they are suppose to and you still have your woman checking your phone which leads to unnecessary drama because they are only looking at certain parts of the message and feel the need to contact people based off that.
Oh side note, I was informed that there has been a group of teenagers who have been going through cars that have the door unlock on our block. They have already hit the neighbors car. And did you know the trash guys will not take trash that has maggots in it? we had to go out and re-bag everything. My brother was on his pedestal and believes they should have taken it any way
. The bin was too heavy and there was too many maggots I wouldn’t have wanted it myself. but once we double bagged everything and got rid of the maggots they took the trash away a week later.