Welcome back again everyone.
This list is based off of the article, “22 New Things That I want to Try Now That I’m 22.” By Sarah Maria Sena Soares. Feel free to google her if you want to see her list.
I just happened to come across this article and I thought to myself, “I want to do a lot of these things.” As we know this is a ranting to blog. I feel through this blog a lot of you know what I don’t like/ cannot stand in life. And what my annoyances are. So I figured why not take this time to share more information about myself. Thus, having a post that isn’t a recap or a rant.
- Go Sky Diving. I always wanted to do this. But I want to jump attached to an instructor. If I like it them I don’t mind jumping by myself. I knew a few teachers who had done sky diving and they loved. it. I feel internally that I am a control who realizes I cannot be in control. So, what better way to reaffirm that then to jump out of a plane.
- Go bowling. I am the only person that I know, who has never done this. You would think i would go since there is a place literally down the street from me. But I have no one to teach me.
- Try out skiing. Believe it or not I always wanted to learn how to snowboard. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love Winter and I love snow. So for me to get into winter sports would be awesome! I wanted to try out in high school but mom kept telling me, “You’re black. Black people do not play in the snow!” *insert side eye*
- Travel to at least one European country. For this December or for my birthday it is my goal to finally put my passport to good use. I want to either go to, France, England or Ireland for a week. For me I always wanted to go to France I had an opportunity to study in France and due to a lack of funds I could no go. So for me, it would be an epic and awesome opportunity to make up for a lost adventure. Ireland, I know seveal people who have gone and they loved it. England my penpal of 18 years lives there.
- Visit at least one of the Seven Wonders of The World. I know a guy who went to see the Taj Mahal. I want to see the Great Wall of China. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Taj Mahal but due to the media’s portrayal of India. I am worried about me going there. I have to admit that’s what sucks about being a woman. Especially a woman with an Independent spirit such as myself there is a urge to go off on my own and do my own thing. However, as a woman I have to be very vigilant about crimes against women. Let’s face it, a woman particularly, if she’s somewhat attractive is very likely to get kidnapped. Versus her male counterpart.
- Learn how to swim so I can learn how to surf. I always said if I ever get a chance to move to California (providing I get over being scared of earthquakes) I would totally either adopt braids or dreds and become a surfer chick. Keep in mind this is in my fantasy world where I have enough money to the point I don’t have to work again if I don’t want to and I can spend my days doing things that interest me.
- Learn a new language. I am trying to learn Korean and little bit of Mandarin right. But definitely, if I could take a language class that would be amazing.
- Take up a dance class. I did Zumba back in college. My favorite dance is the waltz believe it or not. I would love to learn the Cha Cha, Tango and any other type of ballroom dancing.
- Travel to a state I haven’t been to. Has been my goal for the last few years. Unfortunately this year I was unable to go to Canada. Otherwise I would have tried to pick a different state. I want to see California, Texas (even though the only reason i would go would be to see a friend.) Florida (Disney!- I may be 29 but I am a total kid at heart!) Ohio (we drove through Cincinnati on the way back from college from what I saw of the town I really loved it. Maryland I want to see D.C again this time without my mother to ruin my trip.
- Try a zombie run with my friends. I would need six months notice to get in shape.
- Get my palms read. I have been wanting to do this for so long! But there isn’t anyone within 50 miles of my home. I know it may end up being a total load of crock but I am hoping I come across someone who actually knows their stuff who can give me much need insight!
- Learn how to fly a plane and get my pilot’s license. This is something I hadn’t taken seriously or even thought of until I started playing the lottery seriously. The mansions I was looking at had a ton of acreage and a helipad. I believe they said it’s sixteen weeks to become a pilot. If my future is ever in my favor, I plan to do a lot of traveling that requires flying. I think it would totally come in handy to know how to fly.
- Go hiking, I did do it once back in elementary school. It totally sucked but that’s because they had us do it in the middle of the afternoon in 95 degree weather. I would like a partner to come with me and for us to do it around 7 am when it’s still cool.
- Some will find this to be odd but… You know how their has been criticism about people putting raisins in the Mac and Cheese or potato salad? They normally call the character “Karen.” I personally want to try the food and find out if it really is that bad. For me it’s about being open to new things.
What are some things you want to accomplish within the next year or so?